The contemporary high-performance and contextually designed building maximizes sustainable design features such as building envelope, siting for solar access, and daylighting strategies. The building design payed careful attention to the relationship of the adjacent 500,000 gallon reservoir and inside features diverse textures, patterns, and colors. Places for community education and outreach are central as well as design features that support friendly customer service.
- Adjacent to a residential neighborhood, the design balances scale and character
- An energy efficient building that nearly doubled in size while maintaining operational costs
- High-performance building that includes an efficient building envelope (25% more efficient than code requirements), extensive natural daylighting, strategic building massing and orientation on the site, sunshades that maximize passive heat gain in winter while diffusing summer sun, and high performance building systems
- Designed for ease of customer access including both walk-up and bike-up service
- Educational center for water and sanitation topics