We’re always looking for innovative team members committed to high quality design, exceptional communication and a sense of adventure. If we have any current openings, they will be listed below. Otherwise, you can contact us at any time if you’re interested in joining our team.
Anderson Hallas Architects is currently recruiting a full time Job Captain position to join our team.
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
- 3 years of professional architectural experience – working towards an architectural license.
- Professional degree in Architecture (5 yr. Bachelor or Master’s Degree required)
- Familiar with industry standard computer software including:
- Revit Architecture
- Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Lumion or other visualization software
- Technical understanding of construction detailing requirements.
- A variety of project experience in all phases of the architectural process from SD- CA.
- Current affiliation and/or membership in a local, state, or national industry organization(s) is a plus.
- Ability to facilitate coordination with consultants and their documents.
Qualified candidates experience a plus in these areas:
- Preservation & Sustainability
- Master Planning
- Community Development
- Producing site reports based on observations made during site visits
- Generating Renderings using Lumion
- Diligent in tracking redlines to make sure all issues are addressed
- General curiosity in learning new approaches to design
- Model making
Essential Job responsibilities include reviewing project scope as outlined in the contract and background material. Work on multiple projects ranging in size and helps prepare technical aspects of assigned projects. Provides project support to the team throughout all phases from concept to construction. Responsible for drawing production tasks. Works with Project Architect and Project Manager to track project progress. Highly conscious of Quality Control efforts – takes a critical eye on in-progress deliverables and fully reconciles before handing off for review. Reviews and coordinates consultant coordination documents with assistance from PA and PM. Research technical aspects for the team and shares information. Provides project research from zoning, code, materials, etc. as required. Committed to high quality architectural work and design excellence.
Contributes to marketing efforts by promoting repeat clients by demonstrated project success. The Job Captain may be called upon for select marketing support activities.
Skills to Demonstrate: Clarity of communication, desire to learn and grow in the role, creativity in problem solving, critical thinking, organization, curiosity, strong drawing and modeling skills, technical (architectural and computer) aptitude and understanding, and a terrific “can do” and team player attitude. Experience includes assisting with design studies, participating in the development of contract documents, experience with space-planning, materials and methods research, code research assistance, while working closely with and supporting Project Managers and Principals.
Anderson Hallas Architects has the benefit of a small business atmosphere and yet offers highly competitive compensation and benefits. Growth opportunities are available, commensurate with the contributions made to the firm’s goals. Our benefits package includes continuing education, wellness, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick and holiday, as well as 401K matching. Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to Priscilla Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please view more of our website for an overview of the firm’s portfolio, design philosophy, and leadership.
*Salary Range: $50K-$60K. Salary commensurate with experience.