Compatible Visitor Center Expansion
Tucked at the base of Scotts Bluff – a prominent landmark along the historic Oregon Trail – this Visitor Center and Museum is part of an 18-structure complex built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1935. Despite additions in 1937 and 1949, the Center has long struggled to keep up with increasing visitation.
Anderson Hallas led the design team in a rehabilitation and expansion of this notable destination, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The design honors the historic elements of the building, while offering interpretive exhibits on Westward Expansion and providing much-needed space for Park staff and visitors.
- New multi-purpose room overlooks an outdoor amphitheater
- Custom-designed information desk features the profile of Scotts Bluff
- Updated building systems meet modern needs and codes