Celebrating its Centennial Year, the City of Steamboat Springs bought the Power Plant that lit up the town in 1899. A major rehabilitation and addition converted the building to a cheerful public space that now hosts over 1,000 meetings annually, the Planning Department, City Council Chambers, the City Cafe and a Pot Belly Stove.
- From ranch town and wranglers to ski town and snowboarders, celebrating its first 100 years of western adventure
- Town’s original power plant is reimagined as its city hall; capturing Steamboat’s history and looking to its future; Technology seamlessly blended with wide plank floors, energy-efficient lighting with a barbed wire twist, saddlebag swoops in the Council Chambers and a pot-belly stove in the public cafe to warm political discussions
- Local ranchers were invited to mark the building with their historic brands